For over 40 years, Peters’ Heat Treating has provided the best precision parts heat treating services in the region. With a commitment to high quality and on-time delivery, the Company remains a leader in the heat-treating industry. A second-generation, family-owned business headquartered in Northwest Pennsylvania, Peters’ Heat Treating has an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the President, the Project Engineer will deliver hands-on project management support with technical and mechanical needs, ensuring accuracy, quality, and efficiency from project conception to completion.
- Monitoring project plans, quality, costs, and schedules, and providing status updates. Project examples include, but are not limited to:
• Managing new equipment, installations, and moving/reallocating equipment and assets;
• Assisting with equipment upgrades;
• Assisting with planned outages and any equipment failures/issues;
• Initiating continuous improvement initiatives such as cost-saving projects, workflow improvements, and documenting best practices.
- Assisting Managers with overflow projects and backfilling for Managers, as needed.
- Communicating effectively and providing ongoing technical support to all departments.
- Ensuring compliance to applicable codes, practices, quality specifications, and performance standards.
- Reviewing technical deliverables and initiating root case analysis, operating procedure writing and/or revision and team training to ensure completion of corrective action.
- Understanding and operating computerized job tracking system, including order entry, inspection, status change, customer pickup, and shipment.
- Collecting and analyzing surveys, complaints, or other appropriate customer feedback data in order to monitor customer satisfaction of products and services.
- Maintaining working relationships with existing customers ensuring excellent customer focus.
- Monitoring continuous improvement activities and ensuring compliance with International Standard 9001:2015 requirements.
- Ensuring the Company procedures comply with Nadcap Heat Treating and Quality Management System AC7004 requirements (AS9100 equivalent).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of three years of Engineering project management experience.
- Experience working in a Manufacturing operation is preferred.
- Heat treating, ISO and/or Nadcap experience is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and strong computer skills.
The Project Engineer must exemplify teamwork and professionalism. Additional key attributes include excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; focused and highly motivated; strong attention to detail, time-management, and problem-solving abilities; positive attitude; and an exceptional work ethic.
Our client offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package, including health, dental, disability, life, critical illness, vision, and AFLAC insurances, 401k, flexible spending, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, and a bonus program.
Interested and qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
READY TO TALK DETAILS?
Get a Heat Treating Quote
2023 © Peters' Heat Treating, Inc. | Industrial Website Design by Marketing Metal